FB Pixel


Call Now For A Free Consultation



Se Habla Español

Giselle Rasberry Tag

Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. > Posts tagged "Giselle Rasberry"

Should I get an incident report after a work injury?

Should I get an incident report after a work injury

If you are wondering, should I get an incident report after a work injury? The answer to that question is yes. It is important to report work injuries as soon as possible. Talking with your employer right away helps them get the best idea of what happened. Even if the injury appears minor, it is important to fill out an incident report as proof that your employer was notified. There are many reasons why people choose not to report a workplace injury including: embarrassment, worry about being fired, being unsure if the injury is work-related, and belief that incident reporting is...

Continue reading

How long can you collect worker’s comp?

collect worker's comp

The amount of time that you can collect worker’s comp depends on the injury. Disability benefits are based on two thirds of your average weekly wage subject to the maximums set forth by the worker’s comp commission. Max rate for 2022, is $551.02 a week. If your worker’s comp doctor takes you off work for longer than 5 days, you are entitled to temporary total disability (TTD) benefits until your doctor returns you to work. You can get up to 450 weeks of temporary (partial or total) disability payments. Once the doctor finds you have reached maximum improvement, additional wage loss benefits...

Continue reading

Common Workplace Injuries

Workplace Injury

There are thousands of workplace injuries every year, many of them serious. Each job comes with its own individual hazards and risks. It is as much the employer’s responsibility to ensure proper safety and health procedures are followed as it is the employees. The most common accidents in the workplace include: Slips, trips, and falls: Whether you work in a shop, office, or factory, you’re likely to encounter slippery surfaces at some point. For builders who rely on ladders and other platforms, falling from height can be very dangerous. Strained muscles: Common workplace injury for those who regularly lift heavy items. Strained...

Continue reading

How to file a Mississippi Workers’ Compensation claim for your workplace injury?

How to file workers comp claim

To file a Mississippi Workers’ Compensation claim, you would need to file a Petition to Controvert (Form B-5,11) with the Commission. The Petition to Controvert can be found in the Forms section of the  Mississippi Workers Compensation Commission website. You can also find the name and address of your  employer’s insurance carrier under the Coverage Verification Inquiry link. You have two years from the date of your injury to file the Petition but, this can be reduced to 1 year if your employer properly files a B-31 form. It is best to file the Petition sooner than later to ensure that...

Continue reading
Translate »