FB Pixel


Call Now For A Free Consultation



Se Habla Español

Visa Applications

Visa Applications - Immigration Practice Areas

Our Mississippi Immigration Legal Team will assist with your immigrant visa for permanent stay and non-immigrant visas for temporary stay in the United States.

Applying for visa.

Applying for a visa can be a complex and confusing process. If you try to do it yourself, you risk filing an incomplete application, and it may take months to correct mistakes found by a committee. If you hire a law firm experienced with the intricacies of immigration law, these costly and time-consuming errors can be avoided. There are many types of visas to choose from, it is always best to contact an experienced immigration attorney to decide which one is best and how to apply for it.

There are over 100 different types, but the two main visas are immigrant and non-immigrant. The immigrant visa is issued to someone who wishes to permanently live in the U.S. Green cards make you a permanent resident and it is the first step towards becoming a naturalized citizen. You can obtain a green card by being sponsored by a family member or employer to get permanent resident status. You can also get one if you have reasonable fear of future persecution or if you faced persecution in your home country, which would allow for you to file for asylum.

Employer visa.

An employer may petition to bring immigrant employees into the United States to perform necessary job functions. First, an employer must obtain permission from the U.S. Labor Department. Prospective employees are categorized based on their job function and assigned a priority date. If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you can apply for one of several types of family visas. These are meant for spouses, children, parents, or siblings. There is also a fianceé category available.

Most aliens wish to enter the United States on a temporary basis for a specific purpose: visit, study, work, tourism, to receive medical treatments. These foreigners are required to obtain a nonimmigrant visa from a U.S. consular post. The type needed is defined by immigration law, and relates to the purpose of your travel. The visa allows the foreign national to travel to a U.S. port-of-entry (airport, for example) and request permission of the Department of Homeland Security immigration inspector to enter the U.S. Be advised that this does not guarantee entry into the United States.

Additional Visas that we can assist with are:

B-1 for Business Visitor
B-2 for Tourists
E-1 for Treaty Traders
E-2 for Treaty Investors
K-1 for Fiancé(e)s
H-1B for Specialty Occupation Workers
J-1 for Exchange Visitors and Foreign Medical Graduates
L-1 for Intracompany Transfers
O-1 for Aliens with Extraordinary Ability
P-1 – Internationally recognized Athletes or Entertainers
P-3 for Athletes and Entertainers
R-1 for Religious Workers
Additional Immigration that we can assist with are Green Cards for DACA & TPS holders, I-130 with Provisional Waiver, Obtaining Green Cards Through Marriage, Parents of US Citizens, Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, Same Sex Marriage, and Sibling Immigration.

Contact us now



    If your case is one we are able to help with or need to investigate further, we will get back to you within 24 hours. Inquiring for representation of our firm through this site does not guarantee an attorney-client relationship. Should you not receive contact from our firm, Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. within 24 hours of your submission, we recommend that you reach out to another firm so any time restraints regarding your potential case are not missed.

    By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Chhabra & Gibbs P.A.. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.


    Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A.

    aAggressive Workers' Comp & Personal Injury Attorneys
    Translate »