FB Pixel


Call Now For A Free Consultation



Se Habla Español

With Cruisin’ Comes Crashes: What to do in a car wreck

Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. > Blog Posts  > With Cruisin’ Comes Crashes: What to do in a car wreck

With Cruisin’ Comes Crashes: What to do in a car wreck

With Cruisin' comes crashes

Cruisin’ the Coast has become a larger-than-life celebration of all things hot rod. Billed as the biggest block party around, Cruisin’ started in 1996 as a car show dedicated to the extravagant and antique. Over time, the car show has become synonymous with the Gulf Coast and the great state of Mississippi. In 2017 8,308 vehicles registered and attended the event. This year the event had over 11,000 cars registered from all over the world. However, not all that glitters is gold. With cruisin’ comes crashes.

As I drove down Hwy. 49 in Gulfport on Friday, I saw a beautiful fire-red 1960s corvette that slammed into the back of another vehicle. I could tell the antique car driver was visibly shaken by the wreck, but physically seemed okay. While damaging the vehicle is painful enough, physical pain can be even worse. Just because you look okay does not mean you are. Pain often starts when the adrenaline wears off. Whether you are an in-state citizen or out of state visitor, you need to handle your situation the same.

First, ensure that you and your passengers are safe, or as safe as you can be. Next, call emergency services, including the police and ambulance. While you may want to pass on the ambulance bill, it does not hurt to have them come to the scene. The most important step you can take following a wreck is to seek treatment somewhere. Whether it is an urgent care, an ER, or your primary care physician, make sure you go treat. Make sure to give the police your pertinent information so that they can make an accurate report. Try to look at the clock at the time of accident and take pictures of the scene and the vehicle you collided with and how it happened. See if any witnesses are around that will give the police a statement. Whatever you do, do something and act.

If you or a loved one is involved in a car crash contact an experienced car accident attorney. Not just any lawyer will do, they need the expertise and knowledge of personal injury laws in order to get you maximum compensation.

At Chhabra & Gibbs P.A., we have over 130 years of combined experience dealing with car accidents, 18-wheeler wrecks, workers compensation, premises liability cases, and more. Contact our dedicated legal team 24/7 for a FREE case evaluation at 601-948-8005.

Translate »