Top Questions To Ask During Your Free Consultation
Sometimes clients forget to ask questions to the attorney during their free consultation due to the fact the attorney is generally asking many of the questions during the meeting. We have come up with a list of top questions to ask during your free consultation when sitting in front of your attorney.
- How long have you been practicing law? At Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A., our firm currently has 10 lawyers with a combined 60+ years of experience.
- How many cases similar to mine have you handled before and what type of cases do you handle? We have handled many different types of cases with a multitude of practice areas. We have handled thousands of cases in the areas of workers’ compensation, personal injury, social security, discrimination, bad faith and other claims involving injuries. We have represented over 10,000 clients where we have recovered over $125,000,000 for them.
- Will you always be honest with me about my case and not just tell me what I want to hear? Honesty between the lawyer and client is imperative. A lawyer needs to be able to trust his client and the client needs to know he can trust the lawyer, and here at Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. we do just that.
- How long will it take my case to settle or reach trial? Depending on the type of case you have, the case could take weeks to years to be resolved. Litigation can take a long time, due to no fault of the lawyer, and clients need to understand from the outset that the process is sometimes slow so that the client has reasonable expectations about when they can expect a resolution.
- Should I post information about my case on social media? The absolute answer to this is NO.
- Will I be interacting directly with you, the attorney, or with someone else in your office? Some offices are small with no support staff and some offices are large with many helpful staff members. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Discuss the differences honestly with your attorney so you know what to expect.
- What is the best way to contact your firm (i.e. Phone, email, fax, etc)? Our firm will communicate with a client in any manner they prefer, but we live in an email driven world, and often that is a quick and efficient way to pass along information.
- How will you let me know what’s happening with my case? It is unrealistic and not productive for a lawyer or staff member to call you regularly to tell you “nothing new,” but a lawyer should communicate with you about milestones in the case. Sometimes much of this communication about the expected milestones should be discussed in the first meeting, but a lawyer or his staff should keep you apprised of changes in the plan, rulings from a court or administrative body affecting your rights, and information that is pertinent for you to act on.
- What will be the action plan for my case? Lawyers cannot always predict every twist and turn, but our personal injury attorneys will give you an idea of the steps that will be taken to protect your interests.
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, give Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. a call by dialing 601-948-8005 or use our live chat on our website. Once your free consultation is set with one of our personal injury attorneys at our firm, they will meet with you and discuss your rights, what you may be entitled to, and what you can expect during your specific case. We will go over all the facts of your unique case and discuss what will happen and what is best for you. We know that sometimes it’s scary thinking about meeting with an attorney, or being involved in a law suit, but once you meet with us you will see the passion we have here for injured workers and injured people in general. We will fight for you and your rights here at Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A.