FB Pixel


Call Now For A Free Consultation



Se Habla Español

I’m hurt but I want to Keep my Job

Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. > Blog Posts  > I’m hurt but I want to Keep my Job

I’m hurt but I want to Keep my Job

keep job

Unfortunately, many people who decide to hire a lawyer in a workers’ compensation case wait until something bad happens.  Quite often, people wait until they are terminated before seeking a free consultation.  This is a big mistake.  Unfortunately, in Mississippi, you cannot sue your employer for wrongful termination that arose out of a workers’ compensation claim.  There is some good news though.  If you get fired after a workers’ compensation injury, it provides you with valuable evidence to help make your claim for permanent disability but there are certain things that you must do to establish this claim effectively.  You should consult an attorney immediately if you have been terminated to help preserve all rights you may have.

If you get a lawyer soon after your injury, sometimes the attorney can take certain measures to help protect your job.  People naturally feel that lawyers will make things worse, but our experience is that this is not the case.  If you are loyal to your employer and like your job and if you feel the insurance company is paying you all the benefits you are entitled to, you should get some advice immediately BEFORE things start to get bad.  If you wait until things get bad, it is usually too late.  When all the correct steps and measures are taken, you will be in the best position to protect your job and protect your relationship with the employer that you are loyal to.  More importantly, you will be in the best position to protect your rights.

Injured on the job? Contact us today by calling 601-948-8005 or by using our live chat here on our website. There is no fee to discuss your case.

Rogen K. Chhabra

Translate »