FB Pixel


Call Now For A Free Consultation



Se Habla Español

What do I do After an 18-Wheeler Accident?

Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. > Blog Posts  > 18-Wheeler Accidents  > What do I do After an 18-Wheeler Accident?

What do I do After an 18-Wheeler Accident?

What do I do After an 18-Wheeler Accident

In the U.S. nearly 68% of deaths involving an 18-wheeler are the occupants of passenger vehicles, while only 15% is that of the occupants in the 18-wheeler. The number of deaths from 18-wheeler accidents is around a staggering 4,000 the amount of injuries due to 18-wheeler wrecks is much higher. Many of us may have never been in a wreck let alone with an 18-wheeler, but with the amount of large trucks on the road you may have one main question. What do I do after an 18-wheeler accident?

Involved in an 18-Wheeler Wreck?

After being in a wreck with an 18-wheeler you will likely be dazed and confused, but its important to know what to do following this unfortunate experience.

  • Call the Police

After you have been in a wreck call 911 or have someone else call 911. The police and EMS should arrive at the scene shortly to take a report of the wreck and check out all injured people.

  • Get Information

If you are not seriously injured be sure to get the name of the truck driver as well as the company of who he drives for. You will also want to collect information of any witnesses to the crash, take pictures, and ask police for a copy of their report.

  • Seek Medical Treatment

After the wreck you will have adrenaline running and may not feel any immediate injuries, but it’s important that you go to the doctor ASAP to get fully checked out.


  • Call a Truck Wreck Lawyer

One of the most important things you can do after an 18-wheeler accident is to contact an experienced 18-wheeler accident attorney.


When you call an experienced truck accident lawyer you are increasing your chances to get maximum compensation for your injuries. These types of cases take a dedicated attorney with years of experience to get you the compensation you deserve. At Chhabra & Gibbs P.A. our team of attorneys have over 130 years of combined experience dealing with all types of motor vehicle accidents.

So next time you are injured in a truck wreck and think what do I do after an 18-wheeler accident, just call 601-948-8005. Our dedicated legal team is standing by 24/7 to assist you. We offer a FREE confidential consultation.

Translate »