Interested in becoming a United States citizen
Are you interested in becoming a United States citizen? Chhabra & Gibbs immigration team can assist you with determining your pathway to citizenship. Are you 18 years of age or older and a permanent resident? The steps included in this journey are:
- Determine your eligibility to become a U.S. citizen.
- Gather all information and documents required to prove your eligibility.
- Complete Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, with the help of an attorney.
- Submit Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, with the help of an attorney.
- Go to the biometrics (fingerprinting) appointment.
- Complete the interview.
- Receive a decision from USCIS on your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States.
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a U.S. citizen.
There are exceptions to the English speaking portion of the exam, and other exceptions that you may qualify for that could assist you in your pathway to US citizenship. Call us today for an assessment of your case.
Our immigration team has over 10 years of experience dealing with the complex immigration process. We have staff who are fluent in Spanish, Hindi, Punjabi, and Gujarati. We have represented clients from over 31 different countries. We are eager to provide you with the professional legal assistance you require. You can see more about our team and our Immigration Legal services at our Immigration website. If you or a loved one is interested in becoming a United States citizen or has any questions regarding immigration, please contact attorney Angela K. Trehan of Chhabra & Gibbs, P.A. at 601-948-8005 or our office cell phone at 601-927-8430.