How Can I Get the Most Money From my Car Wreck
How to get the most money from your car wreck in Mississippi, Louisiana, Colorado, Tennessee or Alabama? This might seem like a strange list of states to include in the question, but these are all the states where our personal injury lawyers are currently licensed and are able to help people with legal issues.
When it comes to a car wreck there are common things that drive the value and make it possible to get the most money. They are listed here in no particular order of importance:
- Fault – the easier the fault is to prove the more likely it is to recover full damages.
- Medical treatment – if you wait or delay treatment you are less likely to get fully compensated. Don’t wait or delay.
- Pain and suffering – the more invasive the treatment (broken bones or surgery) the more likely you are to get a higher allocation for pain and suffering. Also the length of treatment is a significant factor. The longer you have to treat, the more pain and suffering you can likely recover for.
- Lost wages – if a doctor takes you off work, you can make a claim for lost wages past and future.
- Insurance available – hopefully you have made a smart decision by getting the most uninsured motorist coverage you can afford. But even if you didn’t, the carrier for the person at fault will hopefully have enough coverage. In most cases if the limits are low and the damages are high, it will be difficult if not impossible to recover over the limits.
- Ability and reputation of your lawyer – most insurance companies will see your claim as more valuable if they know that you have the ability to take it to court and get a big verdict. The best way to leverage that is to get a lawyer with the experience and ability that will incentivize the insurance company to pay more up front rather than have a long drawn out fight. There are no guarantees either way, but getting an experienced lawyer is likely to lead to a better result in most every situation.
If you have been in a car wreck in Mississippi, Louisiana, Colorado, Tennessee or Alabama, the personal injury lawyers at Chhabra & Gibbs will be glad to provide a free consultation. There is no obligation to hire us. And even if we take your case, we don’t charge anything unless we get you a successful recovery. Call us at 601-948-8005. There are time limits, so don’t wait.